Massage chairs for chronic pain are the state-of-the-art solutions to alleviating the symptoms of several chronic diseases. You may be one of those people who suffer from migraine headaches, chronic pain in the spine region or even fatigue caused by joint stiffness, so you know that misery likes company and that the constant pain experienced by the body is accompanied by the psychological discomfort caused by enduring distress. Located in different areas of the back or the joints, these aches can be unbearable. If you do not want or cannot resort to a therapist, you definitely need to get the benefits of a massage chair to reduce the stress and alleviate the pain .
Massage chairs for chronic pain are relatively recent technical developments that provide a wide range of massage types, from Swedish massage and shiatsu to reflexology. Nowadays, you can find specially designed massage chairs that do different massage types, so you can now have your own digital massage therapist at home.
Advantages of Massage Chairs for Chronic Pain
Before talking about the advantages of massage chairs for chronic pain, let’s have a look at the general effects of the different massage types.
Massage therapies are excellent if you want to:
- relieve pain;
- recover after sports injuries;
- reduce stress;
- increase relaxation;
- decrease anxiety and depression;
- enhance general wellness.
There are several different types of massage that are now available not only through a therapist, but also as functions integrated into massage chairs.
Reflexology is the massage technique used on the foot. Imagine a map on your foot that displays the reflex points for all the vital organs in your body. The reflex therapists – or the special massage chairs for chronic pain – apply pressure on your feet on these reflex points in order to stimulate the activity of the different organs or to relieve pain. This massage type is highly recommended for people who spend a lot of time standing on their feet.
Sports massage is another special type of therapy that can be beneficial for active people suffering from strains or muscle fever.
Expectant mothers can enjoy a massage therapy called pregnancy massage. It reduces stress and depression and it relieves aches. Nevertheless, make sure you see a doctor before you resort to this type of treatment.
Certain physical conditions, however, exclude massage as a therapy solution: it is not recommended if the person suffers from skin infections, has just had surgery, has open or healing wounds and areas of the body with blood clots or fractures, so a medical expert should always be consulted before investing into massage therapy.
If you choose massage as a solution to relive pain, you must consider that massage treatments by a professional therapist can be very expensive and time consuming. Today the special massage chairs for chronic pain provide a healthy alternative in the comfort of your home, with many advantages:
- The chairs usually incorporate top-of-the-range technology;
- They provide excellent and varied full-body therapy;
- Massage chairs for chronic pain usually come with a remote control so that you can easily select the exact type of massage and intensity for your condition;
- Massage chairs make the best of heat therapy as well, known for relieving muscle aches and pain in the joints. These chairs are able to apply heat in a targeted way, exactly where it is needed;
- some the chairs are fitted with various accessories such as foot rests, headrests, built-in MP3 players and headphones to provide even more relaxation;
- Massage chairs complement the furniture of the room they are placed in. You can choose from many different colors and materials: you can go for a leather chair or choose another one upholstered in high quality fabric;
- They run on standard electrical current.
People may benefit from massage chairs for back pain in the comfort of their own house, enjoying all the benefits any time they choose to.
Whether you are a person who spends long hours sitting on a chair, standing on your feet or walking from place to place, indulge yourself in a moment of relaxation. With the modern massage chairs for chronic pain, you can easily have a few minutes off, just for yourself and enjoy all the health benefits and comfort of a nice, revigorating massage.
Click here to view the best massage chairs for chronic pain available today.